Apex is always looking for ways to provide better service for our customers. To provide the best support through the enrollment process, Apex decided to partner with Change Healthcare.
As of May 1st, all future EDI and ERA enrollments will be submitted and processed through Change Healthcare.
What is NOT changing:
- The agency and provider information required for enrollment submissions
- (Tax ID, Billing NPI, etc.)
- Monthly fee for receiving EOBs.
- Where EOBS will be sent.
- Apex will submit the enrollment request.
- You will not need to redo any previously completed enrollments.
What to expect with Change Healthcare:
- After your enrollments have been requested, a Change Healthcare representative will reach out to you within 48 hours to gather the information needed for ERA/EDI enrollment.
- i.e. Tax ID, Billing NPI, Payers, etc.
- Your Change Healthcare enrollment specialist will submit enrollment forms through the Change Healthcare system and to the identified payers.
NOTE: Some payers will require you to directly submit enrollment information via a portal. Change Healthcare can guide you through this process but will ask you to update them as you complete steps.
- Your Change Healthcare representative will serve as a consistent contact point through the process and will provide weekly enrollment status updates.
- Contact your Change Healthcare representative for any questions regarding your ERA/EDI enrollments.
- Change Healthcare will work with you and the payer to resolve enrollment rejections.
- Apex will no longer be able to update you on your pending enrollments.
We thank you for your partnership and patience as we transition to this new and improved EDI/ERA enrollment process!
If you have any questions, please contact our support team by emailing email@example.com.
- Will I need to redo my completed enrollments through Change Healthcare?
No, there's no re-enrollment required if you are already billing through Apex.
- Do I still need to log into the Apex EDI Enrollment Portal?
You can still log into your existing Apex EDI/Madaket Provider Enrollment Portal to complete the existing enrollments.
If you are a user of My Clients Plus, new enrollments as of 5/1/21 should be initiated through your My Clients Plus account.
- What is the process if I need to add an additional enrollment but already have an existing project open with CHC?
If you are currently working with CHC and need to add an enrollment for the same location, NPI, and TIN, you can let your CHC rep know and CHC will add it to the existing project.
Should you need to enroll a different NPI or TIN, then you will need to submit a new enrollment request with your Apex Customer Care Specialists.
If you are not working with CHC currently, then you will need to contact your Apex Customer Care Specialists to submit any new enrollment requests.
- What if I am the contact over multiple Client IDs (for instance, a biller)?
While CHC does their best to assign the same CHC rep to the same customer contact, if you are working with multiple CHC reps over multiple projects, you can request the project be ‘reassigned’ to the same CHC rep.
- What if I receive an approval or rejection directly from the payer?
In the case that you receive the approval or rejection notice directly, notify the CHC rep. CHC will do everything they can to receive the notice directly.
- Who do I contact for my enrollment status?
For updates on your enrollment(s), reach out directly to the CHC rep assigned to your project. You will have the CHC Rep email address so you ma reach out at any time while the project is open.
If you reach out to Apex, you will be directed back to your CHC rep.