Important: Changes may affect your enrollment. Changing the NPI, TIN or Organization Name can affect any enrollments that were previously completed. Be sure that the insurance company knows of any updates BEFORE you change anything with Apex EDI.
Users may want to update the practice information if they experience one of the following:
- Move locations.
- Acquired by another Billing Entity.
- Change business name.
- Have a new person of contact.
- Provider had a name change.
Updating the Practice/Billing Entity
- Log into your Apex website and hover over Manage Account at the top right.
- Select the Manage Account option in the dropdown.
- Scroll to the far left of the screen and select Billing Entities.
- Click the record to be updated.
- In this new page you will be able to edit any information that needs to be changed. This information can be anything from the NPI to the Taxonomy code.
- Click the Submit button underneath the Pay To Address Zip field.
*After you have submitted these changes, be sure to contact Apex Support to submit an enrollment request to Change Healthcare if you changed the NPI, TIN or Organization Name.
Updating the Provider
- Changing the provider's information follows the same steps as above; once you get to the Billing Entity page, scroll down until you find the listed provider(s).
- To change the provider's information, click on the Provider Name and their information will be displayed below.
- Just as updating the billing information, you are able to edit any information within the fields listed. Once changed, save the edits by clicking the Submit button at the bottom.
All edits, to both Billing Entity and Provider, are switched immediately and you are able to send claims under the new information. If you are experiencing errors with our system recognizing the provider on your claims, please contact our Customer Care Support Team at either 800-840-9152 or firstname.lastname@example.org.