Providers can create and print a timely filing letter from the Claim Status tax.
IMPORTANT: This does not guarantee your claim will be accepted after the timely filing date. After a timely filing letter is sent, the insurance company determines whether or not to continue processing the claim.
Print a Timely Filing Letter
- Navigate to the Claim Status tab.
- Enter patient and date information, then click the Search button.
Note: You can use a variety of criteria to Search the Claim Status Tab.
- Click on the Action button at the end of the claim line and select Print Timely Filing Letter.
- A Proof of Claims Filing and Timeliness document containing the required information opens in a new tab.
- If necessary, scroll to the bottom of the document and click the appropriate Attachments checkboxes to indicate whether the letter includes CMS 1500, EOB or other Additional Supporting Documentation.
NOTE: Be sure select the appropriate checkboxes BEFORE printing the document.
- Print the document. Press CTRL > P on your keyboard or right-click the mouse and select Print.
- The provider Signs and Dates the document.
- Mail or fax the signed document to the appropriate insurance company.