Important: If you create your claims directly on the Apex Website, instead of sending the claims to us from another software, please click here. This article will help show you the claim process within this area.
How do I use the All Claims tab?
The All Claims tab is the homepage of your unique user website provided by Apex. The All Claims tab has one purpose: detail the front-end status of claims and whether or not they are being sent out by Apex. The All Claims tab is a great place to start in order to do things like:
- Verify that claims were successfully received by Apex.
- Check if your claims were sent to the insurance company by Apex.
- Determine what issues are keeping Apex from sending your claims.
- Reviewing a claim for accuracy.
How to verify that your claims were received by Apex
Once you have sent claims to Apex, you should see a new batch at the top of the All Claims tab showing in either File Received or Active status:
When a batch has been full imported, then it will show the current status of all the claims within the batch. Each status is reflected under one of the columns listed:
To understand what each of the these columns mean, please click here
Apex EDI will keep a record of every claim sent to us, however the All Claims Tab will only be able to pull up batches sent within the past 6 months. If you need to view a batch from within the past 6 months you will need to change the default search range on the top left:
This will then allow you to view any batch that was submitted to Apex EDI within the past 6 months. However, the website defaults to showing only 10 batches per page. If you wish to view more than 10 batches at a time,
Scroll a little further down and click the box next to Show 10 Batches per Page. Select 10, 20, or 30 items per page.
To navigate to the next page, there is an option on the far right of the Show Batches per Page area. It will show you how many batches are showing on the page currently, and how many are left to be viewed
The final feature on the All Claims Tab is the Search Claims button located on the right-hand side of the website. This is used to look for a specific claim without having to search through each batch listed on the website.
- To utilize this, click on the Search Claims button:
- The next page will have a box for you to enter any relevant information pertaining to the claim you're looking for. Our system will then search for the claim that matches what is being searched.
- Just like the normal All Claims Tab, users can modify how many claims show per page as well as search for a claim sent within the past 6 months.
NOTE: Please note that if you are searching within the past 6 months, but the claim was sent before then, you will need to search for the claim in the Claim Status tab. Click to view the Claim Status Tab article to learn more.